The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater Illinois Chapter (GIC) depends on the commitment of volunteers at every level of the organization and currently has a variety of volunteer opportunities available throughout the Peoria area. As a voluntary health agency, the Society embraces, values and recognizes the work of volunteers who lend their professional talents to special projects and office work, chair their own fundraisers, lobby elected officials, participate and staff events, comfort and educate peers living with MS and provide leadership as a member of a Board or Committee.
The GIC welcomes the diversity that volunteers bring to its mission of creating a world free of multiple sclerosis through the following options:
· Staffing and support at one of a dozen annual fundraisers and community events, including MS Carnivale, Friday, March 16, in East Peoria and Walk MS, Sunday, Sept. 9, in Peoria Heights
· As an MS Activist, advocating year-round for the Society
· Helping with programs that directly benefit people living with MS
· Providing office support or working an internship in the Peoria office
· Pre-event planning or on-site staffing of the Society’s Regional Research Symposium, held Saturday, Aug. 25, in East Peoria
For more information about volunteering with the Greater Illinois Chapter, contact Jocelyn Cheng, Manager of Volunteer Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.423.1139.