Elaine Hopkins, publisher email@example.com
1825 Maple Ridge
Peoria, IL. 61614 phones: 309/688-1409; 309/231-5758
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Further information:
Elaine Hopkins 309/231-5758
DOWNSTATE STORY VOL. 25 NOW AVAILABLE FREE ON THE WEB
Ten new short stories by Illinois, Midwestern and other writers are featured in the 2016 edition of Downstate Story, Peoria’s only literary magazine for fiction. Downstate Story is now published only on the Web at www.downstatestory.com
The writers in this issue are Pepper Bauer of Mapleton, IL; Susan Duke of East Peoria, IL; Daniel Botkin of East Peoria, IL; Connie Cook Smith of Canton, IL; Jim Courter of Macomb, IL; Marie Anderson of LaGrange, IL; Grazina Smith of Chicago, IL; James Chnura of Oak Park, IL; Kent McDaniel of Chicago, IL; and Matt LeShay of Culebra, PR.
These outstanding writers include several with long lists of publications in other literary magazines, and some have authored books.
Published by Downstate Story, Inc., an Illinois not-for-profit corporation, the annual publication aims to present original fiction by Illinois writers and writers with ties to Illinois and the Midwest as a quality alternative to today’s mass-market publishing.
For this Web edition, readers are asked for donations to help defray publishing costs. All writers are paid for their work.
Downstate Story’s Facebook page can be accessed at www.Facebook.com/downstatestory
The magazine is available free on the Web. Interviews with the authors are encouraged and can be arranged. Contact us, or them. Their email addresses and other information are included below.
Please help us notify the public about this unique venture.
(continued on p. 2)
DOWNSTATE STORY, Vol. 25, THE FACTS
- Politically correct. Contributors paid for their work. No government funds used.
- Something for everyone. Stories reflect diversity of authors, and include romance, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, mainstream fiction.
- Promotes quality reading. Content realistic but not X-rated.
- Promotes Illinois and Midwestern writers.
- Unusual concept for the arts. Provides outlet for local writers and artists to reach
local audiences free.
- Original work. None ever published before.
- Quality work. Stories and art comparable to work in Harpers, Atlantic, The New Yorker and top literary magazines.
- No poetry.
- No advertising.
- Unique experiment in publishing, asking for donations instead of fee.
DOWNSTATE STORY, Vol. 25.
Authors: (Telephone numbers available on request)
Pepper Bauer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Duke, email@example.com
Marie Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Cook Smith, email@example.com
Daniel Botkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Grazina Smith, email@example.com
Jim Courter, JE-Courter@wiu.edu
James Chmura, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kent McDaniel, email@example.com
Matt LeShay, firstname.lastname@example.org