SHELTER OPEN IN TAZEWELL COUNTY
One shelter remains open to provide a safe haven for families displaced by the recent tornadoes. Current shelter locations are:
· TAZEWELL COUNTY- Washington Shelter– Grace Bible Church, 11109 S Main St, Washington, IL
WARMING CENTERS OPEN IN TAZEWELL COUNTY
Five Points, Westgate Park and Tractor Supply Company in Washington are serving as warming centers for those outside working. With such frigid temperatures, the Red Cross is encouraging workers to take breaks and go somewhere to get warm. Food, coffee, water and heat are available at the warming centers.
RELIEF SUPPLIES BEING DISTRIBUTED TO ASSIST WITH CLEAN-UP
Bulk distribution sites provide relief supplies to families impacted by the recent tornadoes. Items to be distributed include rakes, shovels, work gloves, buckets, trash bags, tarps, water, and Gatorade.
· TAZEWELL COUNTY – Five Points Washington, 360 N Wilmor Rd, Washington, IL, Saturday, 11/23 – Tuesday, 11/26, 8am-7pm
· MASSAC COUNTY – Old Gym (behind Brookport Elementary), 306 Crockett St, Brookport, IL 62910, Saturday, 11/23 –Tuesday, 11/26, 10a-6pm
· CHAMPAIGN COUNTY – St Paul Lutheran Church, 108 E Church St, Gifford, IL (Feeding & Distribution)
· The American Red Cross will also be distributing bulk items on our Emergency Response Vehicles (ERV’s) driving through the affected areas in Pekin and East Peoria area.
MULTI AGENCY RESOURCE CENTERS OPEN TO ASSIST FAMILIES
Multi-Agency Reource Centers (MARCs) are a centralized location where the American Red Cross and other community agencies come together to offer assistance to families impacted by the tornadoes. Two sites will be open at the following locations on the listed dates. Families only need bring some proof of identification with address.
· MARC, Five Points Washington, 360 N Wilmor Rd, Washington, IL, Saturday, 11/23 – Tuesday, 11/26, 8am-7pm
· MARC, Old Gym (behind Brookport Elementary), 306 Crockett St, Brookport, IL, Monday, 11/25 –Tuesday, 11/26, 10a-6pm
· MARC, Gordyville, 2205 County Road 3000, Giifford, IL, Tuesday, 11/26, 10a-6pm