Peoria County Board of Election Commissioners
Official News Release
For immediate release
May 14, 2016 (17)
Thomas Bride, Executive Director 309-494-8683
Link to this news release: http://www.peoriacounty.org
Election Judges Needed Tomorrow
Peoria County – The Peoria County Election Commission is reaching out to citizens in the community to work as paid Election Judges for the Tuesday, March 15th Presidential Primary Election. Community participation is key to staffing the 83 county-wide polling places.
“An exceptionally high number of cancellations from current Election Judges is compelling us to reach out to civic minded citizens to volunteer at this late hour” said Executive Director Thomas Bride. “Please consider lending a hand to ensure the election process is easy and accessible for all voters in Peoria County.”
Mr. Bride went on to say the Election Commission has had over 100 Election Judge cancellations, nearly three times more than an average election. Election Judges are responsible for the administration of election procedures in the polling place on Election Day. They ensure the election process is administered fairly and in accordance with the law. For their service, judges are paid $130.
To Be an Election Judge you must meet the following criteria:
· Be a citizen of the United States;
· Be a registered voter in Peoria County OR a junior or senior high school student in good standing;
· Be of good repute and character and not subject to the registration requirement of the Sex Offender Registration Act;
· Be able to speak, read, and write the English language;
· Be skilled in the four fundamental rules of mathematics;
· Be of good understanding and capable;
· Not be a candidate for any office in the election and not be elected committeeman; and
To learn more about serving as an Election Judge for Tuesday’s election please call (309)494-8683.
# # #
Peoria County Board of Election Commissioners, 542 SW Adams St, Peoria, IL 61602